We seek a self-starting, technical, driven individual who will lead our operations, supply chain and logistics. In this role you will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You will be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods while working with the distribution teams to maintain and grow existing business while increasing customer satisfaction. We are a growing distribution company in the industrial and high technology markets and are looking for hard working and skilled individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor performance and develop action plan and countermeasures to improve performance against targets.
- Establish a lean mindset and implement lean based processes throughout the organization to improve Safety, Quality, Deliver and Cost (SQDC).
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of operations staff.
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain/logistics related duties.
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with customer’s key personnel involved in or directly related to supply chain/logistics activities.
- Manage vendor relationships to include establishing and managing Supplier Scorecards.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and clarify management objectives.
- Develop annual plans with prioritization and resourcing.
- Develop and / or participate in the development of the supply chain/logistics strategy for the organization.
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices.
- Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace.
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and manage risk within the supply chain/logistics.
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues.
- Stay informed of advances in supply chain/logistics technology and approaches, and apply within the organization to improve processes.
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Communicate values, business goals, and represent the organization to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison with the organizations.
- Support the development of supply chain-based training materials and technical manuals.
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to the supply chain/logistics.
- Set policies and standards, including determination of health and safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods, and ensure compliance with transport regulations.
- Assist in developing warehouse operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to staff.
Education and Required Experience
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Operations Management or related field.
- 5+ years experience with Operations/Distribution working in a multi-location environment.
- Company: Banner Industries
- Category: Business Operations
- Location: Austin, TX or Danvers, MA
Banner Industries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.