Warehouse Material Handler
We are seeking a hardworking Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Warehouse Material Handler to start a career path at our company. This position has the opportunity for advancement, but will initially be responsible for learning our distribution business and handling our shipping and receiving needs.
As a Warehouse Material Handler, you will be primarily focused on ensuring that orders are correctly labeled and staged on designated pallets. You will also enter data for FedEx and UPS to prepare orders for delivery. Other specific duties of the Warehouse Material Handler will include but are not limited to the following.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using a computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Pick orders for both shipping and local deliveries.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse and storage locations.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Work in a manner that is safe for self, co-workers, customers, and products.
- Interact with customers on orders, shipping, and deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, Energetic
As a Warehouse Material Handler, you must be computer literate and have a basic knowledge of email as well as Microsoft Office products. The Warehouse Material Handler must also have strong attention to detail, as well as an ability to adhere to all safety rules and guidelines in a warehouse environment. Drug test and background check is required.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to work both independently and in a group environment
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task based on workflow demands
- Shipping and receiving experience, to include loading and unloading heavy products
- Great positive attitude
- Excellent team player
- Good with computers
- Experience with online shipping preferred, but not required
*We may or may not be actively hiring for this position at your location of interest. We welcome you to submit your resume and contact details, but please note that you may not be contacted right away. Should your experience meet the position qualifications and should we have an opening at your location of interest, we will notify you.