Technical Sales – Filtration Focus
We are seeking a dynamic and highly qualified Technical Sales representative responsible for providing customers with the appropriate level of technical, business, and service support to ensure the complete satisfaction of customers with our products and services, with special focus on but not limited to, filtration and purification in the Semiconductor and Life Science industries. The individual will identify and assist in the development of strategic relationships with partners and potential customers and will also manage a strong pipeline of new customers and accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting.
The ideal candidate will have strong filtration knowledge, excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate activities with regional office, inside sales, administrative personnel, and business partners in the achievement of organization’s goals and objectives. The individual will develop and implement sales strategies towards improvement of product line penetration with long and short-term profitability.
This position reports to regional management. The right candidate will be offered competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales strategies goals within targeted accounts and territories.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute strategies to capture new business.
- Provide recommendations and advice to Sales Manager on overall sales strategy, support programs, and other marketing and sales activities related to major accounts and new business opportunities.
- Manage product evaluations at OEM’s and End-user accounts.
- Develop and maintain annual and 3-month rolling sales forecasts.
- Participate in appropriate events to enhance company market presence.
- Conduct presentations on products and service to potential accounts.
Specialized Knowledge, Expertise, and/or Abilities Consistently Required
- Strong knowledge in filtration and purifications in the Life Science and/or Semiconductor industries.
- Degree level education and a minimum of 3 years of sales/marketing experience in the Life Science and/or semiconductor process industry or related area.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills required.
- Proven ability to conceive and implement account plans and achieve the goals set out by them.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining poise under pressure.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Business Acumen – Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Cost – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Evaluations – Works with customer to evaluate partner products to generate data for a successful conclusion.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Capacity to apply advanced mathematical concepts and ability to apply these to business.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
PC Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Other Skills and Abilities
May be required to travel as needed for trade shows and customer meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.