Technical Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative
Actively hiring in Oregon and California
We seek a self-starting, technical, driven individual who will work cooperatively with a distribution team to maintain and grow existing business, create new business and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas while increasing customer satisfaction. We are a growing company in the industrial and high technology markets and are looking for hard working and skilled individuals.
This position reports to divisional management. The right candidate will be offered competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures of the company.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint.
- Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples.
- Capturing of accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team.
- Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in industrial distribution.
- Great phone presence as you will be doing business over the telephone.
- Highly organized, great with time management.
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Should be proficient in CRM software solutions.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Honest, assertive and systematic.
*We may or may not be actively hiring for this position at your location of interest. We welcome you to submit your resume and contact details, but please note that you may not be contacted right away. Should your experience meet the position qualifications and should we have an opening at your location of interest, we will notify you.